We determine the optimal price
Our method uses technical drawings, bills of materials and product templates. We use these to calculate costs, set target prices and develop cost reduction strategies. We analyze the main cost drivers and implement sustainable savings measures.
Why is costdata® so precise?
Frequently asked questions
Sign a mutual NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) to ensure confidentiality of information.
Provision of detailed information
- 3D or 2D data (if not available, access to the physical component).
- Material and weight specifications, unless evident from component or documents.
- Country of manufacture and exact region.
- Estimates of manufacturer sales at the production site.
- Annual total number of units and product life, possibly also average batch size or call-off quantity.
- Should packaging, transport and customs costs be taken into account? Is there information on the packaging design and the transport process?
- Companies without their own cost engineering department, e.g. smaller companies or those that rarely charge costs. In these cases, licenses for data and software are unsuitable.
- Companies that want to compare their own calculation with an external one, or that use an alternative solution internally.
- Companies whose resources in the area of product costing have already been exhausted.
- Companies that do not have expertise in evaluating machines and manufacturing processes.
Costs are incurred throughout the entire product life cycle. In product development, the cost influence is greatest, as no production costs are incurred yet. Even if parts production is already underway, product costing creates transparency and clarity with regard to the cost structure. Cost drivers and savings potential are identified, which is used, for example, to evaluate and review quotation prices.